Term 1 Writing

Coming up By David Hill


WALT Identify writing processes that are appropriate for that purpose

My name is Jack and I am going to tell you about a tragic accident that happened two weeks ago.
I was on the farm collecting the hay and loading the truck up when I realised that I had two hours to fill it up.

So I hurried up.

About an hour later I was in my truck driving across the bushy countryside. I  was driving along in my battered truck to deliver the hay. I had to cross an extremely fragile rickety bridge to get there. I was very nervous about that. But there was no going back now. I started to go across the bridge. I was about half way across the bridge when I heard a horrible crack and I knew the bridge had broken. The truck tilted horribly and it fell through the bridge. It hit the water with a horrifying KA-BLAM! It went under the water. (I can still remember smashing into the water.)  This is the end I thought. Or is it. Then I saw a boy about ten trying to smash the glass. I blacked out.

When I woke up I was on a beach coughing and spluttering with the boy about ten getting interviewed. Then a nurse put me on a stretcher and took me to hospital. I woke up about 12:45 and I went back to the farm.

  • ̪🚚̪

The next day I was loading up a rented truck with about ½ the hay just to make sure. I wouldn’t have another accident.(obviously I did)(because of the giant hole in the bridge)

No comments:

Post a Comment